v6.2.16 PARts Online update release summary
Here is a list of new features and BAU (business as usual) PARts DB Online updates for v188.8.131.52, dated 27th May 2021
Details of these updates are available via the Alert feature on PARts DB Console, but here is a summary.
- Introduction of a new vehicle ‘Special Purpose Engines and Equipment’ (PARts SPE) standard to cover any special vehicles that do not exist under TecDoc standards. For its initial release, this standard will cover marine and driverless vehicles used by GPC and other larger wholesalers.
- Added the ability to divide their vehicles into segments. This sits one level below vehicle standards and would, for example, allow you to split heavy duty vehicles into trucks, buses, agricultural etc.
- Country specific vehicle descriptions will now display in Console and in exports. This means that vehicle models with different names in different markets (ie Mazda 2 and Mazda Demio) will display with the correct name for the selected market.
- CED Product links can now have a short text comment, providing you with further data customisation capabilities.
- Kit/Bundle members can now have a short text comment, providing you with further data customisation capabilities.
- Import/Export results will now only be stored for re-download for 30 days, improving the performance of the service.
- Multiple brands can now be selected at once in the following exports: Catalogue (per country), Catalogue Gap Report (per country), Fitment Rich Content, OE and Trade Numbers, Products.
- Fixed an error that may appear when changing vehicle services on the Explorer results page.
We are always working to improve your experience in the PARts DB platform through new features and improvements across the product. Many improvements are made based on your feedback, so feel free to share your experience with us, good or bad! Stand by for a further update and release in the next few weeks including:
- Upgrades to subscription management functionality.
- Support for lookup values for CED Criteria.